Do we really need yet another social networking site? Of course not. (Do we even need any?) But do we want one? Maybe.
Lets review the current options:
- Pros: Band profiles & page customization
- Cons: Broken, ugly, sketchy
- Pros: Great UI, web2.0 tricked out
- Cons: Online identity defined by your workplace or college (not hip)
- Pros: Based around communities instead of individuals
- Cons: Only worthwhile if the bulk of your friends attend burningman
Enter Virb. Dripping with slick & hip. Profiles for bands, artists, and non-profits. Hooks right in with flickr. Easy to customize, with a built in css editor. Best part? One click and you can remove the customization of any page.